Wednesday 11 January 2012

MMM - Mid-week Motivation - from Suzanne.

Suzanne here with this week's mid-week motivation. Bearing in mind that it is Fliss' month of challenges (Nature) and knowing that Fliss enjoys DIY crafting I have decided to show hand-made rosette flowers. There are dies available to help make these but some of us cannot have every single piece of stash and have to make do....that's me!

Please forgive the quality of my photographs...I go to work in the dark and return in the dark so photographs are very poor due to the artificial light.

I coloured a piece of card with distress inks and then spritzed with water. 




When dry I punched two edges with an EK Success border punch. You could just tear the paper edges for a ragged rosette if you have no border punches.


I then cut two different widths from each edge which had been punched. 
Using a score board (or you could just use ruler and embossing tool) - score at even intervals. This is down to your preference.


Concertina/fan - then adhere the edges making a circle. My recommendation is to use a tacky wet glue or glossy accents. Tape or glue stick could be used but this is more messy and there is a risk of your rosette coming undone. I also place my adhesive in the middle of the rosette to make extra secure.


The same is done to the narrower piece of punched card making a smaller rosette for layering.



A button completes ...you could use pearls, gems, bottle top etc etc.


Suzanne ~x~


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great tip, Suzanne. I don't have any of the lovely rosette dies that I so admire on others' cards, and didn't know how to do a homemade version. Off to try this out now....!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the DIY way of making these rosettes

    ReplyDelete

Who would like to see their card on Facebook? Just like our page, enter the challenge and wait and see! Our Facebook badge is in the side bar.